Responsibility of the Teachers
- Subjects are assigned to the teacher by the Head of the Department.
- Teachers are required to submit the Conspectus of the subjects allocated to them
- Daily Diary and Attendance registers should be signed each month by the Head of the Department and the Principal
- Mentor program should be implemented effectively. All teachers need to monitor the students assigned to them.
- Assignments should be given for each course soon after the first Internal test
- Two internal tests should be conducted in a semester. Answer scripts should be valued and students informed of their performance.
- Marks must be displayed on the notice board.
- The finalised IA marks must be displayed on the Notice Board before being sent to the University
- Teachers must guide, encourage and help students in their studies.
- A Teacher needs to be a good councillor and a facilitator.
- Teachers must actively undertake all the curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities that has been assigned to them.
- Teachers should be exemplary in their behaviour both inside and outside the classroom.
Guidelines regarding Attendance and Punctuality
- Teachers must report to duty at the time specified each day and be on the campus unless permitted or assigned duties elsewhere.
- If need arises to go out of the campus for some personal work, permission must be sought from the Principal and the same must be entered in the Movement Register.
- The working hours for Teachers as prescribed by the Government is 40 hours, while their teaching hours is 16 hours per week.
- Teachers must be present 10 minutes before the start of the College.
- Teachers have to sign in the Attendance Register twice- as soon as they come in and while going out.
- Teachers must compulsorily be in the College till the end of the College hours.
Guidelines for availing Leave
- Prior permission must be obtained from the Principal while applying Casual leave/OD/ RH
- Teachers availing OD must compulsorily give joining report with relevant original certificate while reporting to duty.
- Half day CL will not be sanctioned
- 15 days of casual leave can be availed in a calendar year.
- All must report for duty on the reopening day and the last day of each semester
- Leave for higher studies will be granted with the permission of the management
- Leave for visit to foreign countries will be granted with the permission of the Management and the Department.
Participation in Seminars, Workshops and Conferences, Publication of Research Articles
- Teachers are encouraged to publish research papers and articles in reputed journals as well as present papers in Conferences and Seminars
- Faculty are encouraged to attend Faculty Development Programmes
- Faculty are encouraged to complete their required Orientation and Refresher Course and Short Term Courses.
- Teachers are also encouraged to undertake Project work.
- The attendance to seminars and conferences and Courses will be treated as OD leave
- Teachers are encouraged to conduct research in their subject.
- Teachers Association should not be formed without the permission of the Management
- Teachers should not involve themselves in any form of political activity inside or outside the College.
- Proper dress code must be maintained by the Teachers.
- Teachers must not participate in any strike or demonstration either inside or outside the campus
- The notices issued by the authority should be complied with.
- Teachers should not make or receive calls on their phones while taking classes.
- Teachers must conduct at least one activity pertaining to the Association or clubs they are in charge of.
- All the Teachers are expected to participate and help in the conduct of various College programs like Sports Day, Medical Check-up, Independence Day, Republic Day and any other program organised by the College.
- Teachers are expected to conduct Remedial Classes for slow learners and Bridge Course for new entrants.
- Department meeting must be conducted.
- No representation to any Government authority or University should be made in the name of the College without the permission of the Principal and the Management.
- All the Administrative staff should abide the College timings (8a.m. – 3p.m.)
- The Menial Staff should report to duty each day hour an hour in advance(7.30 am.)
- Non-teaching will carry out all the duties assigned to them
- Those assigned lab duties should maintain the lab and keep it clean.
Non-teaching staff shall not leave the College premises without permission